Hello my lovely readers, my regular customers, and fans of Crooked Treehouse!
By now, some of you have heard our “plans” for Crooked Treehouse. And I put that in quotes because they have always been a little loose. This tiny business was almost created as a whim.
There we were, on the honestly sad looking historic Boulevard, living in this could-be adorable tiny yellow old commercial building turned house. We could see, with little effort, that the front of the house could be turned back into a tiny business. So we did. We opened up Crooked Treehouse in October, dressed up the front of the building, and turned this little house back into a living business.
Well, my time living here will soon be coming to an end. Within the next two months or so, I – Cynthia, owner of Crooked Treehouse – will be buying a new place with my husband, and will no longer need to rent this building as my house. That unfortunately makes it no longer cost effective to run the business as we are.
But we love it, and have multiple options on how Crooked Treehouse can continue. Here’s what we would ideally like to have happen:
- We buy the building that currently houses Crooked Treehouse
- We expand the shop into about twice its current size by opening it up into both front rooms of the building.
- We redo the apartment above into an awesome space for the awesome Jac – our amazing friend who helps keep Crooked Treehouse running.
That would take finances we don’t currently have, and that’s why we are turning to you, our regulars and friends, to help.
What can you do?
- Contribute to our GoFundMe campaign to help keep our doors open after I move out. If we make our goal, we can buy and renovate the building! If we fall short, we can at least stay open a bit longer.
- Stop in and buy! If you’ve been thinking about shopping but haven’t, now would definitely be a good time.
- Buy from our Facebook store, or get an online tarot reading. All sales will help keep the business going.
- Spread the word. Share this blog link or our GoFundMe link to anyone you think might be interested in helping!